Wednesday, March 17, 2010

[project # 9]

Puppies, polka dots and stripes. What's not to love ?

The puppy fabric was left over from a quilt that I made my nephew last year.
As promised, no squiggly quilting in this one. Just straight lines.
My Facebook friend Dawn graciously donated a whole bunch of blue gingham fabric, and I chose to use it for the back and binding. I love, love, love how it came out.

My official quilt holder for the day was Kegan, home sick with a nasty cough. I asked him to hold the quilt up straight and this is what I got.

The finished size is 54 inches by 40 inches.

A very special thank you to Dawn for her donation. There is plenty of the gingham fabric left so expect more greatness soon ! Thank you Dawn !

Thursday, March 11, 2010

[ project # 8 ]

Hello # 8 !

Love your orange, blue, green and yellow-ness. You remind me of Spring.

That's a VERY, VERY good thing.
More squiggly quilting. Are you sick of the squiggles yet ? It's okay don't worry, the next quilt will be squiggle free.
You know how I said this pattern is really easy from start to finish ? I kid you not. I did this in one day. ONE. No caffeine this time.
The back has a cute animal zoo print fabric, and the binding is green and while polka dot (roll eyes) fabric. The finished size is 42 inches by 42 inches.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

[project 7]

This quilt was created during a caffeine overdose. I took a Midol (one, mind you) and then drank a Pepsi. It was great. I got more done in an hour than I did all last week.
The doggie fabric came from my mother-in-laws stash. Everything else was left over material from different projects.
I used the same exact pattern as the cherry quilt. It's by far one of the easier ones for me to make, from start to finish. I like that it's big enough to cover a little kid or baby, but also small enough to not get in the way.
The backing and binding are the same doggie material. It was too cute not to use in mass quantities. The finished size is 42 inches by 42 inches.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

[project 6]

I think I mentioned before that I loved these fabrics separately, not so much together (at least with this pattern).
I chose to quilt it using dark brown thread. Again not sure if I like the finished results.
However it's done and it's different.
Added to the pile, almost 1/2 to my goal of 12.